Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TURKISH FLAT BEAD CROCHET IN WIRE

I made some of the blue, brick stitch flowers designed by Kerrie Slade from the February/March issue of Beadwork as part of a necklace for a relative (no more details--it is a surprise). Here is what I have so far. The penny is for size.
















Kerrie just put her flowers on a silver chain, but I wanted to do something else. Playing around last night, I tried bead crochet with wire, using the Turkish Flat Bead Crochet stitch that I learned while travelling in Turkey. It won't work with the blue flowers, but I came up with an exciting option for a bracelet design; it's rather delicate now but could be made with larger beads and wire. Can't wait to play further with this experiment but first I have to finish the blue flower necklace. Here is the wire bead crochet experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment