Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

WHO WROTE THAT? A BEAD PUZZLE

     Real life has intruded on my beading and blogging time as we look for contractors to replace our ancient furnace --seriously, it belongs in a museum--and backyard fence. 
     So I was tickled last week to find out that Beki Haley, talented beadwork designer and co-owner of Out on a Whim bead store, had included my name in a word puzzle involving authors of beadwork books for her newsletter subscribers. 
     The contest is actually open to everyone so here is the link to the puzzle  http://whimbeads.com/newsletters/7-26-13-puzzle-rules.html.  When you find all of the names, the remaining letters will spell out a sentence.  Email the sentence to the address listed in the instructions before August 15 and be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 $50 gift certificates from Whimbeads.
     I finished the puzzle, although it was a bit of a challenge for me because I don't do them very often.  My mom found my name with a minute so I felt inspired to play.  I also signed up for the newsletter.
     More inspiring was looking at the home page of Whimbeads.com, where Beki has put photos of some of their new beads Whimbeads.com.  Those black and purple Rulla beads are calling my name.  First I have to finish the commissioned black and white snake necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment