We are going to England this summer!
I will be giving a lecture on Turkish Prisoner-of-War and Balkan Beadwork as part of the Bead Society of Great Britain's June meeting. There will be many other interesting presentations including:
- Stefany Tomalin on "Realistic Replica. Ingenious Imitations and Fantastic Fakes. Collecting Brazen copies in the World of Beads.
- Margaret Carey on African Beadwork--Two Puzzles
- Carole Morris on Early 17th Century English Beadwork Purses from the Reign of Charles I
- Sarah Withers on The Arkell Bead Collection at the Pitts Rivers Museum in Oxford
- Margret Carey on the History and Manufacture of 'Garden Roller' Beads at Zimbabwe
- Plus the World on a String film
The presentation will take place on Saturday, June 27, 2009 in at the Birmingham Midlands Institute in Birmingham, England. For more information, visit the website for the Bead Society of Great Britain at http://www.beadsociety.org.uk/