Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Intro


Hello. Exciting things are happening right now and it was time to expand past the confines of my website. For those who don't know me, my name is Adele Roger Recklies, sometimes known in the bead world as the Snake Lady because of my book Bead Crochet Snakes: History and Technique. For more about the book, visit http://www.beadcrochetsnakes.com.

By day (and many long nights), I knit, crochet, or embroider costumes for film, theater, opera, and dance. Some of my work has been seen in films such as Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Big Fish, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle, MI:3, and Memoirs of a Geisha. My knitting has also been part of CATS on Broadway as well as productions at the Metropolitan Opera and New York City Ballet.

The name for my Etsy shop and blog came about because almost no one can correctly pronounce my married name of Recklies. My beady friends started teasing me about reckless beading because of some of my unusual projects (like my 15' 6" bead crochet snake) and I thought " you know, that's kind of catchy." Thus was born Reckless Beading.

When I am not knitting for a client, I play with beads, fiber, kniting, crochet--whatever piques my interest. Right now I am studying Turkish oya, both needle and crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment