Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

SWAROVSKI PEARLS


I was getting submissions ready for our juried show for the World of Beads VIII and thought that I would post a photo of the bracelet I made in Karen Frankfeldt's All Seasons Bracelet class. Our Bead Society has a workshop/class category so that folks can see the kinds of projects that are made in our classes; so I am entering my version of Karen's design in that section.


This was the first time that I had used the Swarovski glass pearls that make up the main body of the bracelet and I was quite pleased with them. Even buying the Swarovski pearls from Fire Mountain Gems, I was shocked at the price, but there was no waste in the pearls.

4 comments:

  1. Are you a part of the BSGNY, which bead society are you speaking of?

    Great design - very nice!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, yes I am part of the BSGNY so that is the bead society I was speaking of. Karen Frankfeldt's class was great--I finally understood right angle weave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! how elegant! There's something about that smoky grey that makes me think of evening gowns, you know?

    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Yes I know what you mean about evening gowns--that combination of colors always seems elegant to me. I bought the supplies for the class in November and there was just something about grey, cream, and red that also seemed appropriate for that month.

    ReplyDelete