Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

ADRIENNE SLOANE WORKSHOP


As I was frantically getting ready to speak at a conference in England (that's for another post), I took time out to attend a knitting workshop with Adrienne Sloane, an incredibly talented fiber artist. That is her work above. I joined some of my fellow Textile Study Group of New York members at the aprtment of one member for a stimulating and fun day.
Our first exercise were to try knitting with non-traditional materials. I tried knitting with rubber bands and yarn--not easy because the
rubber bands stuck to my needles.













copper wire














and metal guimpe with a green lurex yarn













After a quick lunch, we spent the afternoon working on a sampler of various knitting techniques for making 3-D structures. Here is my effort:


After we finished our samplers, we spent time looking at books and magazines that Adrienne found inspirational. I learned a lot and also had a lot of fun; Adrienne is a great and patient teacher. Check out her website at http://www.adriennesloane.com/. She will be teaching classes
at various venues, including Split Rock and Penland School of Craft.











No comments:

Post a Comment