Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

TIM BURTON EXHIBIT: MY WORK AT MUSEUM OF MODERN ART

We went to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the Musuem of Modern Art today and there, among costumes from some of his movies, was thewhite, angora sweater that I knit for Johnny Depp to wear in "Ed Wood". I even got a credit for making the sweater, which was more than I got on the original movie. Unfortunately, you aren't allowed to take any photos and the guards were vigilant--so no photos of my fuzzy, white sweater on display.
If you are a Tim Burton fan in the New York City area and haven't seen the show, do order tickets beforehand, brave the crowds, and get to MOMA before April 26. It is an overwhelming exhibit. My favorite overheard comment was the one from a woman who said to her companion "I am not really a fan of his darker works."....and his lighter works are?
To take a peak at part of the exhibit, visit http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2009/timburton/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment