Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

LITTLE TREASURES IN DECEMBER

 
In case you need a short break from the holiday madness, I wanted to share my latest treasures from the bead world.  In between teaching classes at the Innovative Beads Expo in Fishkill, NY earlier this month, I had a chance to do a little shopping with two new vendors and one of my perennial favorites.
 
The first new vendor (for me) was Ren Farnsworth and her lovely lampwork flowers.  I fell in love with her flower bud head pins,separate flower beads, and flowers on wire.  I made earrings out of the head pins and flower beads and am contemplating what to do with those cute pink flowers.  Ren had much more for sale but I had to limit myself. 
 
Ren Farnsworth's glass flowers
 
My second discovery was the lampwork  beads and enameled beads and headpins of Anne Lichtenstein of Gardanne Glass.  I just couldn't resist the bead caps and birds.  The ruffled glass bead is destined for a project that will remain under wraps for now.  You can learn more about Anne through her blog Gardanne Life.
 
 
beads by Gardanne
 
 
Last but certainly not least, I stopped to visit with my friend Marti Brown of The Dragon's Odyssey.  I fell in love with Marti's new niobium sequins in 2 sizes and just had to bring some home.
 
Marti's niobium sequins with a few size 8 beads for size comparison
 
I also met Denise and Diane of 2 Bead Sisters and their mom.  Denise and Diane are actual sisters who live 2 hours away from each other, make glass beads, and come together at bead shows to sell their lovely beads.  I was good and didn't buy anything this time. 
 
Beads by Denise and Diane of 2 Bead Sisters.  I borrowed this photo from their website because, silly me, I didn't think to take any photos at the show.

So there you have my latest finds.  I can't wait to see what treasures next year brings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment