BOOK SIGNING AND STRINGING CLASS
My friend Yoshie Marubashi is doing a book signing for her new book Stringing Pearls, the Professional Way and teaching an accompanying stringing class in Manhattan on Sunday, January 17, 2010. Here is the information:
DATE: January 17, 2010 2:00-5:00PM
LOCATION: Kinokuniya Book Store, Second Floor
1073 6th Avenue (between W 41 St and
(W 42nd St)
New York, NY
Telephone: (212) 869-1700
FEE: $20 per student
TO REGISTER: Contact Ms. Kanako Hiyama
MATERIALS TO BRING:
- 1 strand of 8mm pearls or beads and a clasp for the necklace. If you don't have a clasp, bring 2 strands for a longer necklace without a clasp.
- Beading awl. If you don't have it, you can purchase one at the workshop for $5.
- Sewing kit, work mat or thick cloth to prevent beads from rolling, small scissors, tape measure, and glue or clear nail polish.
INSTRUCTOR WILL PROVIDE:
- Beading needle
- Guide thread #00 silk thread
- Stringing thread (silk, nylon)
Kinokuniya Book Store will be selling Stringing Pearls, The Professional Way by Yoshie Marubashi (in Japanese and English) and Yoshie will be signing copies. If you wanted to learn how to string pearls, this is a way to learn from an expert.