Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BLUE FLOWER NECKLACE



After a number of detours, I finally finished the necklace with the blue brick stitch flowers pattern designed by Kerrie Slade. To see some of Kerrie's beadwork, visit http://www.kerrieslade.co.uk/
The project was a bit of a challenge because it is for a young lady whose taste in jewelry is much simpler than mine. Sparked by a photo in "Bead & Button, Ribbon & Felt Jewelry" by Deobroah Schneebeli-Morrell, I bought some lovely ombre silk ribbon, a coordinating organza ribbon, a bunch of size 6/0 seed beads and started playing.
I had planned to add two smaller brick stitch flowers, but ran into weight problems with such ethereal ribbons. In the end, simpler was better.
I am already thinking about what I can do for me with the remaining brick stitch flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment