Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SABRINA'S NECKLACE


My niece Sabrina, who is a fabulaous baker, graduated from college in December. As soon as I saw these beads at a bead show, I knew they were perfect for her so, using my new wire working skills, I made her a necklace with the minature cupcakes and cake slice.

I used square copper wire and my WigJig to fashion a pendant and hung the beads from the loops with with round copper wire. Then I put the pendant on a purchased wire chain, adding two fire polished beads at the join for a little more sparkle.




Here is a close up view.












Side view so that you can see the painting on the cake slice. No there isn't a problem with my camera--I changed the background paper to see how it changed the photo.


The beads are painted ceramic and are made in Peru. I bought them from the J P Imported booth at the Soft Flex show here in NYC but you can buy them from the website at http://www.jpimported.com. They have all kinds of food (I bought some donuts for me), chocolates, animals, surfboards, skulls, musical instruments and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment