Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

PINKALICIOUS





See this flower arrangement with the cute little frog? It's..................








my latest bracelet!














I have admired my friend Merele Berelowitz's lovely plastic flower creations for years and finally had a chance to try my hand at a plastic and lucite flower bracelet.






I started by following Merle's pattern as published
in the April 2009 issue of Bead and Button (example above).







If you don't have that issue of the magazine, the pattern is available at www.kalmbachstore.com/bbpdf090442.html


To see more of Merle's work, you can visit http://www.msmaddiesbeads.com/


I deviated from the published pattern by using a variety of flowers, stacking some flowers in twos and threes, and doing 4 flowers per fringe instead of 3. This is actually the second edition of my bracelet because I got carried away and added a whole other set of fringe between each Swarovski pearl on the first try. It looked great but I couldn't get the bracelet on my wrist and it felt like it would be uncomfortable anyway. So I ripped it out and started over.






After finishing the fringe on the second bracelet, I did a peyote loop and added some flower fringe to the loop to fill in some space. Then I added a carved bone frog button to complete the clasp. The frog reminded me of walking in the woods and finding frogs hidden among the plants.



Now to pack my new bracelet for my trip to Bead and Button 2011 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment