Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Raku New Year


Yesterday, I had the great pleasure of attending the holiday party at Bead by Blanchewww.beadsbyblanche.com in Bergenfield, New Jersey.  My plan was to just buy some seed beads for upcoming class projects until I walked by the trays of raku pendants by Marianne Kasparian of MAKUstudio.  I managed to grab this little bird and pair it with one of Marianne's hand-dyed ribbons for an instant necklace.  You can check out more of Marianne's pendants, beads, and earrings at www.makustudio.com.  Everytime I look at this little birdie, it makes me smile so may you also find your own blue bird of happiness in this new year.  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like your new little raku birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mak creates the most amazing raku beads and buttons. I love it when they can shine on their own with a simple ribbon (as you have done here), but some beaders - like Sherry Serafini and Sabine Lippert - regularly create fantastic pieces of art with them.

    ReplyDelete